NetApp

www.netapp.com
There are newer employer reviews for NetApp

It is too good to be true, but it is....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

NetApp is a company that provides me with challenges and encourages my "entrepreneurial spirit." I am empowered. My opinions and ideas are important and valued. We work hard, but we get to work with wonderful and talented people who respect and value one another, nothing is taken for granted. This is a company where you know you can make a difference and will. The senior leaders are committed to sharing information promptly and candidly. There is "real" commitment to the employees and ensuring that NetApp is a great place to work.

Cons

NetApp is a fast growing company. If you need a lot of direction or set processes and procedures to do your job well, this is not the company for you. It is a very fast paced (hectic) environment with little structure at the moment.

Keep up the great job. Thank you for your honest and candid communication.

1220 Other Employee Reviews for NetApp (View Most Recent)

Great company, going through growing pains

Former Employee - Professional Services in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Professional Services in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at NetApp

Pros

The people. The people at NetApp are great. For the most part, everyone is willing to pitch in and help. Some of the best and brightest I have ever met work for or used to work for NetApp.

Granted as a company grows it is hard to maintain the same level of excellence, but I think NetApp has done a pretty job of it.

Cons

NetApp is growing and grew very fast, and that comes with some growing pains. Some of that pain comes from some of the hires that have been made who don't understand what NetApp is, in terms of a company.

As with any other vendor, there can be a very heavy sales focus. If sales doesn't like you, your life will be difficult. If sales likes you, your life will be great at NetApp.

Don't lose focus of your company culture.

A pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

NetApp is a successful company with a lot of interesting technology. Engineers with the right skills
    and temperament have good opportunities to influence direction and produce innovations that make
    a difference to the company's business.

Cons

NetApp is very inward looking. The system can be bewildering in its complexity; many newcomers
    have trouble mapping their past experience. The company is best at evolutionary baby steps, and
    often has a hard time getting new initiatives going. Many people would say that the environment is chaotic.

Make sure that the company's key initiatives are adequately funded and set up for success.
    Be ruthless in cutting out low-value activities.

There are newer employer reviews for NetApp