www.netapp.com
There are newer employer reviews for NetApp

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at NetApp is the culture, depending on your team, can be laid back. There are flexible working hours, options to telecommute, and some good people.

Cons

-Critical information not always shared down the ladder.
-Probably the same at other companies but is it's not too difficult for people walking in the hallways to look up and smile at each other. So smile or at least recognize you're walking by a colleague.

People are not simply numbers, even though that is how are valued. It would also be great to recognize teams or individuals for the hard work they put in on successful projects.

1162 Other Employee Reviews for NetApp (View Most Recent)

Happy

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

A very good growth in the company

Cons

Need to explore more !

dono

Great place to work, if you have a good manager.

Current Employee - Senior (software) Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior (software) Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

What you can accomplish here is basically limited only by *you*. If you see something that needs doing, it's not *that* hard to sell it and get started. There's a lot of freedom here. At the same time, if you're a junior person looking to learn stuff, there are great mentors here. If you're technical, don't be put off by the idea that this is a storage outfit; there are all kinds of interesting things to work on here.

Great communication from upper management. I used to work at a place where you'd read something about your company in the paper before you'd hear it from The Boss; here, they trust you not to share information with 200 of your closest friends in the securities industry. And speaking of the boss, our chairman/CEO and the president/COO are outstanding guys. You know that they're interested in the company's future and not in this just to get rich themselves (Dan would have quit a long time ago if that were the case). They are here to create an enduring organization that will contribute to the industry long-term, and thus have no problem telling the stock analysts, "We're gonna invest in the company's future, rather than doing artificial stuff to make you guys happy this quarter." I love it when execs at a public company this size can say that -- and do!

Cons

As someone else has noted, we're trying to grow into the size we've become. Though the small-company feel is great, it comes at the price of some immaturity in the area of "processes." So we've got to work on that.

A lot of your experience at NetApp (as anywhere) depends on who your direct supervisor is; get assigned to a bad one and things will not be so happy.

We have good managers and bad managers. While working for one of the latter, I considered leaving NetApp. So whereas I'd hate to run every manager through "management for dummies", *some* of them surely need it.

The same can be said for engineers, but improving managers has higher potential....

There are newer employer reviews for NetApp