Career progression

Current Employee - Revenue Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Revenue Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is better than most competing companies

Cons

Minimal career progression in the management level

Advice to Management

Instead of getting new blood, create opportunities from own people

Other Employee Reviews for NetApp

Political and toxic--one of the worst places to work

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at NetApp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Compensation Market leaders Interesting technology, growing market opportunity

Cons

Extremely political. Everyone is out for themselves Backstabbing--people are so paranoid about their own job they won't hesitate to sell you down the river Political--one person's perception can kill your career and it doesn't matter how hard you work or what you accomplish. It's all about how well you dress and suck up to senior leaders. Bureaucratic--nothing gets done quickly, people waste endless cycles doing and re-doing because management is indecisive and doesn't stick to a plan.

Advice to Management

Stop changing course and reacting to everything EMC does. Stick with decisions and execute against a plan. Don't let closed minded middle managers demotivate and pigeonhole talented people. Show appreciation and respect for people's efforts and time. It wasn't until I left that I realized how dysfunctional the company was. Glad to be where I'm appreciated and recognized for my skills, talents and leadership.

Worst place I've ever worked!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I worked at NetApp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Some ability to WFH -Decent salary -Good location

Cons

-Sexist -Discriminatory -If you are even slightly overweight, be prepared to be fired (of course they'll make up an excuse as to why you're being "let go" when you find out months later it's because you were too heavy). -Liars and master manipulators (they tell you you're going to get X amount of bonus or raise, and low and behold, they LIED to your face, claiming "performance issues" even though if it weren't for you, they'd NEVER have anything completed--hmm, how is that performance based???!!) -Lack of basic communication -Annual review process and ratings severely flawed -Too many senior level managers with no care to anything/anyone but themselves and their insanely high salaries -If you're a hard worker, be prepared to be abused while other "slackers" are praised -Never give you credit for your hard work or amazing outcomes, take your credit instead -The Sr. level managers have a very "old school" approach to how they treat women in the workplace, they are LUCKY I didn't sue them for sexual harassment! -ZERO growth!! -Way too many political games!! -Big time favoritism and clique's all over! -Mind games and game playing is a "norm"