NetApp

There are newer employer reviews for NetApp

Intern at NetApp

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at NetApp as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work for sure! NetApp treats it's interns VERY well. I was there summer of 2012 and there were many benefits. Examples: Weekly 1 hour speaker events where interns hear the company's executives tell us about their life and give us advice (with catered free lunch!), a full day of fun doing a team building activity in SF, a BBQ mid summer, volunteering at Family Fun Day, Health Fair, ice cream socials, and charitable causes like helping to raise money for Second Food Bank by serving lunch with executives and creating emergency relief bags for the Red cross, and plus we got to participate in company wide beer bashes. Oh yeah, and the main cafe is excellent with plenty of international foods and a gym in the next building over if you need it :). Overall, I had a really good experience and would recommend.

Cons

Did not offer an internship extension and had almost no new grad positions that fit my skill set

1221 Other Employee Reviews for NetApp (View Most Recent)

Software Engineer at NetApp

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1) Stable job
    2) Good quality of life because the work is not very difficult

Cons

1) Very low prospects of growth. Expect a promotion in 5+ years, and there are so many layers that if you start as a Software Engineer, you'll become a Senior Engineer in 12+ years (if you're lucky).
    2) Salary and compensation is significantly lower than many other companies in the Bay Area.
    3) Your manager (middle management) is going to be your biggest hurdle to growth.

1) Please give engineers more authority and treat them as adults.
    2) Get rid of unnecessary "processes", they don't lead to innovation.
    3) Please help employees grow, move from one department to another after proving themselves, and thrive.

Great company with great opportunities that know how to go after them

Current Employee - Systems Engineer Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at NetApp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is really growing fast with lots of new opportunities all of the time. The benefits are very good and most of the people are really focused and work hard. There is pretty good comradely and almost everyone is willing to jump in to a situation and help.

Cons

As the company grows not everyone has the same entrepreneurial spirit. Some come aboard thinking it is a big company and they simply have to focus on their little piece. Those people don't go far and as you look through the reviews it is easy to find them.

There are newer employer reviews for NetApp