NetApp

www.netapp.com

NetApp deserves its spot in thye top 10 places to work

Program Manager (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsNetApp truly treats people with respect. If you go beyond expectations, you get immediate praise from stakeholders. The company runs lean in a positive way. There are enough people to get the job done, but not a bunch of extra "experts" to second guess every decision. I found none of the purely political behavior that can kill a company. People act as a team and worry more about the job than covering their errors. When someone does make an error, it is addressed professionally and the team moves on. This company not only values its people, it makes you feel valued.

ConsTheir is a tendency to play defense which means some opportunities are missed. They move slow on hiring so you need to be patient to get hired. While top management is moving toward a more agile, customer focused organization much of middle management is not getting the message yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing the new direction. Bring in some mid level people who share the vision to speed things up. Keep doing all the things you are doing right!

Great company to work for

Product Manager (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: freedom, accountability and smart people Cons: consensus based decision making can sometimes become arduous Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

One of the best places to work at

Member of Technical Staff, QA (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: 1. Great working culture 2. Extremely talented engineering workforce yet humble and very helpful. 3. Honest management. 4.… Cons: I can't think of any. Advice to Senior Management: Continue the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NetApp.

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!