NetApp

www.netapp.com

It all depends on the management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsNetApp is one of those companies that sucks you in with a lot of perks such as a gym, quarterly beer bashes, and 3 cafes. It's a high profile company and has been rated in the top ten best places to work for about 5 years running.

ConsThe perks aren't free, they expect you to pay by being available all the time. The company is rated in the top 10 places to work because they offer employees an additional day off if they make it on the list. The company culture is a bit cold and people don't have much of a sense of team cohesiveness but untimately, I think it depends on your management. That is what really determines how you are going to do at a company. I had both good and bad management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more transparency at the company. The employee reviews of managers was a good start but employees need some sort of recourse if they are not happy with their management.

A Company in Transition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NetApp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Competes in a industry segment with steady growth - Focuses on innovation and encourages employees to… Cons: - Inconsistency in ability to execute as a large company by organization and geography - Stagnation at middle management layer; Alignment issues at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work not much opportunity for career growth

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Miami, FL

I worked at NetApp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits, good pay, good products, good systems engineers, fair managers (meaning willing to work out deals). The support from product management in… Cons: The company is growing so fast they haven't time to develop a stable tactical plan. The CRM tools and product capabilities have been in flux.… Advice to Senior Management: Settle down and have a longer view then a quarter or fiscal year. Kind of feels like the old EMC. Share the three year plan… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NetApp.

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!