Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

Great products Culture is friendly and helpful Little arrogance Clients love us Let you be creative

Cons

Company is growing fast so there needs to be a bit more structure and process Benefits could be better but that is minor

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Dont change your focus. Keep Netapp Independant! work on improving tools and processes and systems

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

NetApp: Great company to work for

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff III in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff III in Bangalore (India)

I worked at NetApp

Pros

Challenging work, great work ethics and culture, great work envirinment, good pay and perks, stock options and good recognition of performance.

Cons

It was really great and frankly I didn't see any note worthy downsides. They rank first in Fortune 100 Best Employers and very well deserve it!

Advice to Management

All I would say is keep up the good work and you shall continue to attract world's best talent to your firm

2. NetApp - not perfect, but as close as I've found in 25 years working in IT

Current Employee - Post-Sales (Professional Services)
    Current Employee - Post-Sales (Professional Services)

I have been working at NetApp

Pros

Work-life balance: middle and senior management actually help make it more than a catchphrase Individual flexibility - little to no micromanaging, employees are given enough latitude to work well Training - good corporate support for staying current Pay and benefits: much better than most companies Corporate culture: again, a nice surprise - it really does exist, and really is as advertised!

Cons

"Hands off" mgmt could be hard for younger employees Annual performance review "system" is somewhat lacking Top-down communication about new products, corporate direction not always clear Company is still learning how to change from a small Silicon Valley startup into a more mature, bigger player. There are some bumps now and then

Advice to Management

Streamline management structures and increase communication between different layers, and between groups in the company (engineering, development, sales, support...) Don't make too many changes in the culture too fast, but do acknowledge the need for changes as they come.