There are newer employer reviews for NetApp

I love this place!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at NetApp full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great place to work. They offer all kinds of benefits and simple conveniences, like the ability to purchase meat and other foods from the cafés to take home after work. We also get 40 hours per year of volunteer time off, free use of the gym + various classes, tons of training, flexible schedules and plenty of cultural celebrations. They do a good job of updating us on current company events. Plus, some of the nicest people I've ever worked with and, hands down, the best manager I have ever had. I am able to get a lot done most days and I am excited to go into work each morning!

Cons

The company has grown tremendously and there is a bit of a bitter attitude from some of the very long term employees about the current state company. They tend to be set in their ways, still trying to do things with old processes from a much smaller company and there is a lot of complaining about how much less they get now, how "things aren't the way they used to be". I think it's a great place to work so the attitude gets annoying.

Keep it up!

1120 Other Employee Reviews for NetApp (View Most Recent)

Very POOR work place. Management is clueless

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer II  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer II in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at NetApp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most if not all tse's are willing to help eachother out. Teamwork is key here and it is present.

Cons

Management has made extrmely poor decsions with the intent that it would benefit the overall satisfaction and experience of the customers however it only makes working here worse and it gets worse day by day. TSE's are over worked and management expectations are very unreasonable if not impossible to maintain, no wonder we see people quitting each week which by the way, those gaps have not been filled yet. TSE's are not backed by their superiors at all because mgmt only cares about numbers and how they look to their own senior manager. If you're looking to work here, be ready to get thrown onto the phones supporting a product in which you know nothing about. This will happen day after day after day and there's no stopping it mainly due to lack of staff and a properly trained staff. Training classes fill up as soon as the classes are posted, so good luck with that. The staffing policies are a joke and overall the operations here are a joke.

You're looking for the best customer satisfaction? Well, you need a happy employee first to do that!. Hire more TSE's so the rest can catch up with their own work and you'll quickly see how the ora changes to that of something positive for a change. Customers will quickly realize that as well and that is the goal. Instead of pushing TSEs to their breaking point forcing them to leave the company, why not be true managers and be on their side, provide them with help, looking out after them instead of belittling and dictating in front of others; how unprofessional !

disaster

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at NetApp full-time

Pros

I thought the company was great. Made a mistake.

Cons

Laid off after 14 years of hard work

Layoff gthe CEO

There are newer employer reviews for NetApp

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!