NetApp

www.netapp.com

Feels very corporate nowadays

Human Resources (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsSmart, smart individuals. The team I worked with was brilliant and was way ahead of any other company in that same field. If you like structure, it's there.

Interns & employees get to use the gym and there's free food once in a while. The campus is huge and the VTA is across the street from the main building. The cafeteria food tastes a lot better than many other companies'.

ConsNetApp loves to talk about how great of a place it is to work, however, it pales in comparison to companies with more liberal cultures like Google or LinkedIn.

The opportunities to grow or move around the company are not very apparent. Teams within the same organization aren't very collaborative and your ability to do something is often swayed by politics. While there is structure, processes dictate everything.

For the younger employees, it can be a restricting environment. Most of the employee population are in their 30s-50s. Overall, the culture is quite conservative.

disaster

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at NetApp full-time

Pros: I thought the company was great. Made a mistake. Cons: Laid off after 14 years of hard work Advice to Senior Management: Layoff gthe CEO No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not such a Great Place to Work

Director (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at NetApp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good culture for most of the company. Enterprise wide activity in… Cons: IT culture is lacking leadership and work/life balance. Opposing views are… Advice to Senior Management: Stop promoting "yes" people and promote managers who act with good… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on NetApp.

Worked for NetApp? Contribute to the Community!