NetCracker Technology

There are newer employer reviews for NetCracker Technology

Implementation Engineer

Former Employee - Implementation Engineer in Waltham, MA
Former Employee - Implementation Engineer in Waltham, MA

I worked at NetCracker Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities to work with customers all over the world.

Cons

Every department in this company takes a back seat to Sales. Sales reps will promise anything the customer can dream up and more, then the software team is left holding the ball after they leave. Customers projects can and do last for years. It's very likely that the first project you're put on will be the only one you work on for your entire tenure.

You have a great product already, stop trying to make it what it isn't for a quick buck.

226 Other Employee Reviews for NetCracker Technology (View Most Recent)

Challenging

I have been working at NetCracker Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Challenging
    Rapidly growing company
    Experience and best practices in Delivery processes
    Ability to work with Tier 1 telco and cable companies
    Good career opportunities for challenging people

Cons

Delivery is everyting. Be ready to overtimes, long haul flights (not a big disadvantage though)

Less formality in some internal policies (IT stuff, reimbursement procedures, overtime travels etc).
    Some approval processes should be decentralized

Toxic Environment

I worked at NetCracker Technology full-time

Pros

I suppose the compensation was competitive, but for me it was not worth staying there at twice the salary.

Cons

I found the culture at NetCracker to be toxic and depressing. There was little to no interaction among employees, and zero social interaction, unless you were one of the many people brought into headquarters from Russia to replace an American employee. Information was treated like a scarce commodity, and only shared with others rarely and when absolutely necessary, with lots of closed door meetings and whispered conversations. The Russian culture at this company was pervasive, and they treated all employees as if you should be thankful to even have the opportunity to work there, which just feels like a terrible management approach if you are hiring anyone other than Russian students with no other options, which seem to make up the bulk of the employee base. In short, in all the time I worked there, I woke up every single day I worked there dreading going to work. Maybe this was just a horrible fit for me, but I've worked at lots of places with lots of cultures without issue, and this was the first time I could not find a way to be happy and productive. I met one or two good people in my time at NetCracker, but most of my co-workers were so scared of making a mistake and getting canned that they were impossible to connect with. Work-life balance was non-existent and appeared to be of no concern to the company.

There are newer employer reviews for NetCracker Technology