NetScout Systems

www.netscout.com

Excellent job satisfaction in Sales Engineering, limited opportunity for advancement

Sales Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsTruly stellar work experience (likely team/geography dependent), very interesting and challenging job. It's easy for a motivated, personable engineer to gain enormous independence - produce results and you can truly manage your own time. Every day is a little different, job is roughly 70% technical, 30% business. Pay is a little > than industry average, and benefits are very good. Senior Management loves SE's. Frequent face time with CEO, who is visionary, and capable of detecting, admitting, and correcting his own mistakes. That's important and somewhat rare in top leadership IMHO.

ConsThere really isn't much of a career path if you don't want to be an Account Manager, and the company is very tight with stock grants. This may be mostly a reflection of the size (2013 Q2 Market cap of 1B, 350M rev, 1k employees). One employee mentioned politics and I don't disagree, I've seen it. It would be best if a small number of long term managers moved on, but in my role and location I'm largely unaffected.

Advice to Senior Managementtwo words. stock grants. you don't need to break the bank, but some noticeably increased recognition of this kind to top SE's would likely improve retention, though I admit it's already pretty good and I'm unlikely to leave in the next 3 years.

I like it

I have been working at NetScout Systems full-time

Pros: The company is growing and buying other companies. The products are… Cons: Every company has issues and this one is no different. None of… Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up... and bring in some more new blood! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Political and Backward

Sales (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at NetScout Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Well known name in industry Cons: Lagging R&D. Very self important and unfriendly customer policies. Legal and finance are a nightmare to have engage with customers. Sales leadership is weak and… Advice to Senior Management: The incestuous long term leadership from early days still lead the company and believe the world is more or less the same as it was… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on NetScout Systems.

Worked for NetScout Systems? Contribute to the Community!