There are newer employer reviews for NetSpend

Interesting Place

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at NetSpend full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free Soda, Good Facilities, Decent Pay & Benefits, Some very good managers with good experience and support their teams very well.

Cons

Employee calibrations determine who gets to keep their job, culture of pointing fingers, some groups are held to high expectations, regardless of how much chaos they have to cause to get to their goals.

Really look at how resources are used, and required to support the business. Commonly, a lot of resources are used to support low value sales projects instead of focusing on how to retain and support existing customers.

41 Other Employee Reviews for NetSpend (View Most Recent)

Worst Place I Ever Worked

Former Employee - Director  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I worked at NetSpend full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some smart people work at NetSpend.

Cons

Human Resources leadership was morally bankrupt and had a track record of telling employees that ER issues were confidential but then reporting the complaints to the CEO and other officers. Job descriptions were, at best, vague. I was recruited to the company only to find that the job I was hired for didn't really exist as I understood it: I felt that from the beginning I was set up to fail. Discussions with HR and with my boss (a company executive) resulted in my feeling alienated and lied to. I quit after a year. During my tenure I saw excessive employee turnover among new employees. Employees who had been with the company since it was a fledgling start up tended to stay. Although to my knowledge only a handful are left.

Cull out your HR leadership team and hire some folks with integrity.

If you are a top performer who takes pride in excellence this may not be the right environment

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at NetSpend

Pros

flexible work environment
    collaborative team environment among the worker bees with little management involvement or engagement.
    downtown offices with paid parking

Cons

leadership that does not stand behind core values / mission statement
    lack of accountability for individual performance; both good & bad performance

create a culture that employees are proud of; establish the basics to reward and recognize those that achieve success and train or establish performance plans for those that are not meeting the objective.

There are newer employer reviews for NetSpend

Worked for NetSpend? Contribute to the Community!