Netflix

www.netflix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

An okay place to work, for a short term job.

Current Employee - CSR-1 in Hillsboro, OR
Current Employee - CSR-1 in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

-fun work environment (IF you have a good team, and manager)
-good location

Cons

-high stress
-high turnover
-no communication between ops and CSR's when new things are launched
-constant fear of doing something wrong
-there is no way that we can 'relate', 'assure', make the customer feel good, and fix their issue in under 4 minutes and 30 seconds (and get a Yes response 95.5% of the time)

Better communication about new NRD's or other things being launched.

433 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

It was absolutely awesome, until I was let go.

Former Employee - Training Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Training Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Great Pay. Excellent Benefits. Smart, hardworking teammates. Opportunities to excel, be creative, be strategic. Managers are all excellent at managing their people, especially if you are a top performer they are hands off and supportive.

Cons

To be honest, I loved pretty much every day up until I was let go based off a rumor. The biggest problem is that in order to be successful at in the call center you have to "drink the Kool Aid." Which in all honesty I was happy to do, I got to work with some really rad people, and do really great work that I'm proud of. However, karma is, well you know karma is, and I let go of a lot of people that probably felt like it wasn't fair, and eventually the same thing happened to me. Loyalty to employees is not one of their strong suits.

Honestly have the greatest respect for the management in terms of their abilities to do their jobs. I do however wonder in retrospect if the running of something as a team instead of a family is always the best way to do something. But then, perhaps it is.

Neurotic and unforgiving

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Extremely creative engineers and products. Interesting and fun business. Exciting opportunities for access to entertainment. Exceptionally bright senior management. This company can really grow and be very successful.

Cons

Everyone is afraid to make a mistake or be perceived as making a mistake. Sr. management is constantly questioning new managers opinions and judgement. If one wants to be successful at Netflix do exactly as your told. Not allowed to have a new idea or different opinion. Netflix management hides behind values that don't exist.

Netflix is an excellent example of the Delta House fraternity in Animal House. Maybe it is time for new managers, and running the company like a business instead of a fraternity. Being "in" is not always the best way to grow a business.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix