There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

One of the best run companies, great benefits, no sick leave or vacation policy & exceptional pay

Former Employee - Director of Marketing in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Director of Marketing in Redwood City, CA

Pros

A go-go place that is well-run and exciting. Until the recent blowback on pricing, it was (and still is) a great place that everyone recognizes. Engaging, valuable projects were constantly being pursued. Really loved the Marketing team and the relationship with the other departments!

Cons

Not for the faint of heart. If you seek a place to hide, you won't last long here. Other than that, it is hard to not have loved working for a company that has great products and management.

Advice to Management

Love your vacation and sick leave policy, no limits based on the work you achieve. I am not certain if they can keep it up as they get bigger, but hope you can!

Other Employee Reviews for Netflix

Neurotic and unforgiving

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

Pros

Extremely creative engineers and products. Interesting and fun business. Exciting opportunities for access to entertainment. Exceptionally bright senior management. This company can really grow and be very successful.

Cons

Everyone is afraid to make a mistake or be perceived as making a mistake. Sr. management is constantly questioning new managers opinions and judgement. If one wants to be successful at Netflix do exactly as your told. Not allowed to have a new idea or different opinion. Netflix management hides behind values that don't exist.

Advice to Management

Netflix is an excellent example of the Delta House fraternity in Animal House. Maybe it is time for new managers, and running the company like a business instead of a fraternity. Being "in" is not always the best way to grow a business.

Hell with free Easy Mac

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

Pros

Free Easy Mac, Tea, Oatmeal & Cup O Noodles Free Netflix Subscription

Cons

The people working here are so ridiculous and the trainer is straight from Sesame Street. I knew one of the first 6 people to open the center, and she had been laid off over a year prior to when I started. She had some horror stories, but I thought the pay would overshadow any hint of doubt I had. I made them aware of the fact that I was in school [college, obviously] prior to being invited to the interview, and they said that was fine & they'd work with me (I found out later that this is a complete lie). I went through training and everything with positive feedback. Only after that did it become an issue, and I was constantly pulled aside and berated. I am not going to quit school to slave away at a job that will last less than a year. They pulled me into random rooms around the call center and told me my "internet browsing privileges were being taken away during my breaks," because I looked up Netflix reviews. I was told that my face looked "sad and depressed." Well, of course it was after you pulled me into a room 3 times in one day trying to make me feel bad about going to school. They expect you to talk to 85-year-olds with Alzheimers that can't even remember their email address, let alone their name, and help them fix whatever issue they have in less than 5 minutes. Why is there free food? Why are there showers here? Why are there laptops for you to use? Because they want you to eat, sleep and breathe Netflix.

Advice to Management

People are human. Netflix has no human aspect to it. When I first started, everyone there was worried about their job, although most of them were recently promoted. That's horrible. Start investing in people so you don't waste money on training. Don't say things that can bring a lawsuit to your door. Don't hire people in school. Don't expect newly trained employees to know all of the answers when your trainers don't even know the answers.