There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

One of the best run companies, great benefits, no sick leave or vacation policy & exceptional pay

Former Employee - Director of Marketing in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Director of Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Netflix

Pros

A go-go place that is well-run and exciting. Until the recent blowback on pricing, it was (and still is) a great place that everyone recognizes. Engaging, valuable projects were constantly being pursued. Really loved the Marketing team and the relationship with the other departments!

Cons

Not for the faint of heart. If you seek a place to hide, you won't last long here. Other than that, it is hard to not have loved working for a company that has great products and management.

Love your vacation and sick leave policy, no limits based on the work you achieve. I am not certain if they can keep it up as they get bigger, but hope you can!

414 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

An okay place to work, for a short term job.

Current Employee - CSR-1 in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - CSR-1 in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

-fun work environment (IF you have a good team, and manager)
    -good location

Cons

-high stress
    -high turnover
    -no communication between ops and CSR's when new things are launched
    -constant fear of doing something wrong
    -there is no way that we can 'relate', 'assure', make the customer feel good, and fix their issue in under 4 minutes and 30 seconds (and get a Yes response 95.5% of the time)

Better communication about new NRD's or other things being launched.

It was absolutely awesome, until I was let go.

Former Employee - Training Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Training Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Great Pay. Excellent Benefits. Smart, hardworking teammates. Opportunities to excel, be creative, be strategic. Managers are all excellent at managing their people, especially if you are a top performer they are hands off and supportive.

Cons

To be honest, I loved pretty much every day up until I was let go based off a rumor. The biggest problem is that in order to be successful at in the call center you have to "drink the Kool Aid." Which in all honesty I was happy to do, I got to work with some really rad people, and do really great work that I'm proud of. However, karma is, well you know karma is, and I let go of a lot of people that probably felt like it wasn't fair, and eventually the same thing happened to me. Loyalty to employees is not one of their strong suits.

Honestly have the greatest respect for the management in terms of their abilities to do their jobs. I do however wonder in retrospect if the running of something as a team instead of a family is always the best way to do something. But then, perhaps it is.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix