Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Uncomfortable environment with lackluster management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Netflix

ProsNo vacation policy and flexbility. High pay, which is meant to replace some of the perks that other companies offer. Interesting and fun industry. Employees are smart and work as a team for the greater good.

ConsThe "freedom and responsiblity" culture works for some, as long as you do not disagree with management. There is very high turnover. When people are let go, they are surprised. People are afraid to make mistakes, which makes for a stressful enviroment. I have never felt comfortable working there. Management is out of touch with its customers and makes hasty decisions that contradict common sense. Employees suffer because of this. Why would the former CFO leave when the stock on its way to its peak?

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are valuable resources. Treat them as such.

Great place to work if you're looking for brilliant people who think outside of box about absolutely everything.

Director of Data Science & Analytics (Current Employee)

I have been working at Netflix

Pros: great culture of openess, communication, respect, and high-performance no 'brilliant jerks'… Cons: less job security than you might feel at other companies Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work so far

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Netflix

Pros: I've had a great experience so far, especially after coming from another company where it was all about politics and not about delivering results. … Cons: None so far other than the commute. The lunches get a bit repetitive, but who's complaining when they bring it in for free? … Advice to Senior Management: Keep hiring great talent and encouraging them to take smart risks. The past few months have… More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.