There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Great place to work so far

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Gatos, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

I've had a great experience so far, especially after coming from another company where it was all about politics and not about delivering results. My Netflix experience so far is that if you're smart and get stuff done, you will be appreciated and rewarded. If you're looking for hand-holding, this is not the place for you. But if you're entrepreneurial, self-motivated and like challenging the status quo, then Netflix is a great place to work.

Cons

None so far other than the commute. The lunches get a bit repetitive, but who's complaining when they bring it in for free? OK, I suppose it would be nice if they didn't always have meetings during the lunch hour, but that's about the biggest complaint I have - and I don't even really mind.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great talent and encouraging them to take smart risks. The past few months have been challenging, but learn from your mistakes and keep focused on delivering the best customer experience possible.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Uncomfortable environment with lackluster management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix

Pros

No vacation policy and flexbility. High pay, which is meant to replace some of the perks that other companies offer. Interesting and fun industry. Employees are smart and work as a team for the greater good.

Cons

The "freedom and responsiblity" culture works for some, as long as you do not disagree with management. There is very high turnover. When people are let go, they are surprised. People are afraid to make mistakes, which makes for a stressful enviroment. I have never felt comfortable working there. Management is out of touch with its customers and makes hasty decisions that contradict common sense. Employees suffer because of this. Why would the former CFO leave when the stock on its way to its peak?

Advice to Management

Your employees are valuable resources. Treat them as such.

Great place to work if you're looking for brilliant people who think outside of box about absolutely everything.

Current Employee - Director of Data Science & Analytics in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Data Science & Analytics in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

great culture of openess, communication, respect, and high-performance
    no 'brilliant jerks' tolerated
    complete autonomy in your work

Cons

less job security than you might feel at other companies