Netflix

www.netflix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Overall great place to work.

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Open communication with different levels of management. Working with hard working, smart, and talented people who push you to succeed.

Cons

Not many opportunities for career advancement in my field - often felt stuck doing what I was doing. Side projects were slim to none.

433 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Great place to work so far

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

I've had a great experience so far, especially after coming from another company where it was all about politics and not about delivering results. My Netflix experience so far is that if you're smart and get stuff done, you will be appreciated and rewarded. If you're looking for hand-holding, this is not the place for you. But if you're entrepreneurial, self-motivated and like challenging the status quo, then Netflix is a great place to work.

Cons

None so far other than the commute. The lunches get a bit repetitive, but who's complaining when they bring it in for free? OK, I suppose it would be nice if they didn't always have meetings during the lunch hour, but that's about the biggest complaint I have - and I don't even really mind.

Keep hiring great talent and encouraging them to take smart risks. The past few months have been challenging, but learn from your mistakes and keep focused on delivering the best customer experience possible.

Uncomfortable environment with lackluster management

I worked at Netflix

Pros

No vacation policy and flexbility. High pay, which is meant to replace some of the perks that other companies offer. Interesting and fun industry. Employees are smart and work as a team for the greater good.

Cons

The "freedom and responsiblity" culture works for some, as long as you do not disagree with management. There is very high turnover. When people are let go, they are surprised. People are afraid to make mistakes, which makes for a stressful enviroment. I have never felt comfortable working there. Management is out of touch with its customers and makes hasty decisions that contradict common sense. Employees suffer because of this. Why would the former CFO leave when the stock on its way to its peak?

Your employees are valuable resources. Treat them as such.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix