Netflix

www.netflix.com
  www.netflix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Overall great place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Open communication with different levels of management. Working with hard working, smart, and talented people who push you to succeed.

Cons

Not many opportunities for career advancement in my field - often felt stuck doing what I was doing. Side projects were slim to none.

420 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Great place to work so far

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

I've had a great experience so far, especially after coming from another company where it was all about politics and not about delivering results. My Netflix experience so far is that if you're smart and get stuff done, you will be appreciated and rewarded. If you're looking for hand-holding, this is not the place for you. But if you're entrepreneurial, self-motivated and like challenging the status quo, then Netflix is a great place to work.

Cons

None so far other than the commute. The lunches get a bit repetitive, but who's complaining when they bring it in for free? OK, I suppose it would be nice if they didn't always have meetings during the lunch hour, but that's about the biggest complaint I have - and I don't even really mind.

Keep hiring great talent and encouraging them to take smart risks. The past few months have been challenging, but learn from your mistakes and keep focused on delivering the best customer experience possible.

Don't waste your time if you live in the Bay Area! There are better places to dedicate your time!

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Free snacks, nice office, pays well

Cons

Disgusting management! When you're in a small conference room making a personal call and your mgr is in the storage room listening to your phone call or following you everywhere you go! My manager said he was very happy with my performance after 3 months of hiring me. He just got too weird so I resigned. Then he pulled me aside to tell me that I wasn't smart to work for him! What a jerk! His ego was hurt bc he didnt get to fire me! The worst place to work! I'd rather get paid a little less to be in environment where you are valued for your hard work!

Stop taking manager side! It's the worker bees that is keeping your business alive, not the management!

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix