Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Used to be much better! Wait for some senior management changes before you consider.

Senior Engineering Manager (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix

ProsFreedom to use latest technology. Large customer base. Smart engineers. Profitable company able to hire and properly resource development effort. Well known brand. Product is loved by most customers, and available just about everywhere. Competition is behind. Clear leader in unlimited streaming.

ConsSenior leadership very confused. Communication from the top done very poorly. Lots of knee-jerk reactions and fire drills. Software complexity is very high, but cross functional coordination is poor. Poor management of growth. Lots of really bad decisions made. Hired too fast in 2010-2011 (and added too many mediocre managers), and now they are paying the price.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak up the old boys club and bring in skilled senior management from the outside who know how to run a global company at scale. Engineering talent is good, but current management is lacking ability to handle the company's growth and properly leverage the talent.

Revisiting my review after working here for a while. There are better, rewarding careers out there.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix

Pros: It's a decent JOB (emphasis on purpose) if you are looking for a heads down, monotonous coding job.… Cons: I was sold on all the culture stuff and drank the cool-aid at first. After spending a lot f time at Netflix, my perspective… Advice to Senior Management: Apparently, top management (who've been at Netflix forever) thinks engineers who's been at Netflix for more than a couple of years is ineligible move into… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

used to be a great place, but every year things get taken away, like paid vacation/holidays.

Netflix Employee (Current Employee)
Lansing, MI

I have been working at Netflix

Pros: getting a pay check is all you have to look… Cons: management doesnt appreciate hard work. Advice to Senior Management: employees are the blood and veins of netflix. start treating… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.