Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

The cracks start to show pretty quickly.

CSR-1 (Former Employee)

I worked at Netflix

ProsWell-paying for a call center, free fruit, cheap soda, a nice building, free Netflix.

ConsYour work experience almost depends entirely on your manager, and your manager may or may not change every month. Things that one manager may not care about (and tell you not to worry about) will be brought up against you six months later as a final warning. Sometimes policies are suggestions and other times they are concrete, and this will change at random and get you terminated. This isn't just on the ground floor either, one day everything's fine and the next ten managers are let go and their teams dispersed amongst the remaining set (but everything's still fine guys, don't worry). There is almost zero room for advancement, managers are hired in from the outside and the best anyone hired at entry-level can expect is to become a CSR-2, a position that doesn't actually pay more. Anyone and everyone competent seemed to slowly leave for better jobs in my time there, and at first I wondered why when they had so much going on, but eventually I figured it out.

Decent pay if you can stick it out, but way more stressful than it needs to be, and I'm not talking about the customers; an old man yelling at you for thirty minutes because his blu-ray stopped working is nothing compared to not knowing if you're going to be fired that week because you had a sick day three months ago and your calls aren't short enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct less like the captains of a sinking ship.

Terrible. They bring you on as a temp, and withhold health benefits for up to a year.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: Free account! Streaming and eight DVDs at a time. Cons: They hired on hundreds as temps and told all of us we would be "converted" and receiving health benefits within three months, or be fired… Advice to Senior Management: Give your employees some respect. Give them health insurance, and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Working for the Nazis.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Netflix

Pros: Good pay and good benefits. Cons: Too much stress and degrading. I never felt so disrespected… Advice to Senior Management: Get off your high horse and remember you are dealing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.