Netflix

www.netflix.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

The cracks start to show pretty quickly.

Former Employee - CSR-1 in Hillsboro, OR
Former Employee - CSR-1 in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Well-paying for a call center, free fruit, cheap soda, a nice building, free Netflix.

Cons

Your work experience almost depends entirely on your manager, and your manager may or may not change every month. Things that one manager may not care about (and tell you not to worry about) will be brought up against you six months later as a final warning. Sometimes policies are suggestions and other times they are concrete, and this will change at random and get you terminated. This isn't just on the ground floor either, one day everything's fine and the next ten managers are let go and their teams dispersed amongst the remaining set (but everything's still fine guys, don't worry). There is almost zero room for advancement, managers are hired in from the outside and the best anyone hired at entry-level can expect is to become a CSR-2, a position that doesn't actually pay more. Anyone and everyone competent seemed to slowly leave for better jobs in my time there, and at first I wondered why when they had so much going on, but eventually I figured it out.

Decent pay if you can stick it out, but way more stressful than it needs to be, and I'm not talking about the customers; an old man yelling at you for thirty minutes because his blu-ray stopped working is nothing compared to not knowing if you're going to be fired that week because you had a sick day three months ago and your calls aren't short enough.

Act less like the captains of a sinking ship.

448 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Smart People, fast moving

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Working with talented people and visibility into company strategy and direction

Cons

Pressure to work long hours

Terrible. They bring you on as a temp, and withhold health benefits for up to a year.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Free account! Streaming and eight DVDs at a time.

Cons

They hired on hundreds as temps and told all of us we would be "converted" and receiving health benefits within three months, or be fired for poor performance. Well, that never happened. We were all strung along, some of us were fired, but by the time six months came along only 30 of the remaining 250 temp employees were given health insurance. they kept telling us, "maybe next month." When I finally quit and told them why, I was told that they were using benefits as a performance motivator, and they extended the conversion time frame to a year. I told them that health insurance is something that GOOD employers give their employers, not a performance motivator, and that they needed to find a better way to motivate their employees. Disgusting.

Give your employees some respect. Give them health insurance, and offer the cash bonus as a quarterly incentive if they triple crown.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix