There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Work hard, be innovative, and always be prepared

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

Your peers are excellent and from all walks of life
Training is encouraged and done well
work/life balance exists

Cons

this is not a long term choice and the culture deck is true

reviews filtered by

The cracks start to show pretty quickly.

Former Employee - CSR-1 in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - CSR-1 in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Well-paying for a call center, free fruit, cheap soda, a nice building, free Netflix.

Cons

Your work experience almost depends entirely on your manager, and your manager may or may not change every month. Things that one manager may not care about (and tell you not to worry about) will be brought up against you six months later as a final warning. Sometimes policies are suggestions and other times they are concrete, and this will change at random and get you terminated. This isn't just on the ground floor either, one day everything's fine and the next ten managers are let go and their teams dispersed amongst the remaining set (but everything's still fine guys, don't worry). There is almost zero room for advancement, managers are hired in from the outside and the best anyone hired at entry-level can expect is to become a CSR-2, a position that doesn't actually pay more. Anyone and everyone competent seemed to slowly leave for better jobs in my time there, and at first I wondered why when they had so much going on, but eventually I figured it out.

Decent pay if you can stick it out, but way more stressful than it needs to be, and I'm not talking about the customers; an old man yelling at you for thirty minutes because his blu-ray stopped working is nothing compared to not knowing if you're going to be fired that week because you had a sick day three months ago and your calls aren't short enough.

Advice to Management

Act less like the captains of a sinking ship.

2. Smart People, fast moving

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Working with talented people and visibility into company strategy and direction

Cons

Pressure to work long hours

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix