There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Careful: If you happen to be fired for any reason, it is broadcast to everyone you worked with!

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Los Gatos, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix

Pros

You might work with some very bright people and make good friends
Opportunity to learn some very interesting skills and technologies
Above market salary as long as it lasts

Cons

You might get all verbal accolades and encouragement till one fine day you are told that you are no longer needed!
Managers could be picked randomly based on seniority from your peers if one leaves and may have little people skills.
Firing, if it happens to you, is public, humiliating and outright insulting with a terse broadcast email.

Advice to potential applicants:
- Do not close your eyes to all the reviews on Glassdoor, thinking you are too smart too be fired
- Do account for the potential time you might have to stay without job while comparing the salary to other places

Treat your employees with respect.

408 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Working for the Nazis.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Good pay and good benefits.

Cons

Too much stress and degrading. I never felt so disrespected in my life.

Get off your high horse and remember you are dealing with people, not your subjects!

The cracks start to show pretty quickly.

Former Employee - CSR-1  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - CSR-1 in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Well-paying for a call center, free fruit, cheap soda, a nice building, free Netflix.

Cons

Your work experience almost depends entirely on your manager, and your manager may or may not change every month. Things that one manager may not care about (and tell you not to worry about) will be brought up against you six months later as a final warning. Sometimes policies are suggestions and other times they are concrete, and this will change at random and get you terminated. This isn't just on the ground floor either, one day everything's fine and the next ten managers are let go and their teams dispersed amongst the remaining set (but everything's still fine guys, don't worry). There is almost zero room for advancement, managers are hired in from the outside and the best anyone hired at entry-level can expect is to become a CSR-2, a position that doesn't actually pay more. Anyone and everyone competent seemed to slowly leave for better jobs in my time there, and at first I wondered why when they had so much going on, but eventually I figured it out.

Decent pay if you can stick it out, but way more stressful than it needs to be, and I'm not talking about the customers; an old man yelling at you for thirty minutes because his blu-ray stopped working is nothing compared to not knowing if you're going to be fired that week because you had a sick day three months ago and your calls aren't short enough.

Act less like the captains of a sinking ship.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!