There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

The best design culture I have ever been in.

Current Employee - Creative Director in Los Gatos, CA
Current Employee - Creative Director in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Innovation is not hampered by unnecessary process. Designs are not approved by executives or committee they are approved by the users. This is an environment that promotes creativity.

Cons

You must be able to let your work go. For every test that wins 4 other designs fail. Being able to learn from designs that fail is difficult to do when you are emotionally invested in them.

Advice to Management

Give highly talented, less experienced, candidates an opportunity to interview. Raw talent, in a fully formed adult, at a great company yields great results.

Other Employee Reviews for Netflix

Decent pay, good feedback from supervisors

Former Employee - Csr1 in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay for the work Laid back environment with lax dress code great employee benefits free/cheap food in the breakroom

Cons

When something changes, employees find out when the customers do. Mass layoffs when call volume decreases. I've heard they don't do re-hires.

Advice to Management

Give your employees heads up on major company changes so they can be properly prepared/trained to deal with those calls. Also, don't lay off good employees the week they are supposed to be converted. It gets their hopes up and I felt kinda blindsided because I was continually getting positive feedback and was told my conversion was pretty much locked in.

Best place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leading edge technology, not afraid to do things differently if it makes sense, agile and low process overhead for getting things done. Clear focus on a simple business model, with clear responsibilities and freedom on how to deliver.

Cons

You have to be comfortable with rapid change, ambiguity and have enough self confidence to cope with the culture. It's not a place for people who like to know what the rules are and follow them.