Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

The best design culture I have ever been in.

Creative Director (Current Employee)
Los Gatos, CA

ProsInnovation is not hampered by unnecessary process. Designs are not approved by executives or committee they are approved by the users. This is an environment that promotes creativity.

ConsYou must be able to let your work go. For every test that wins 4 other designs fail. Being able to learn from designs that fail is difficult to do when you are emotionally invested in them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive highly talented, less experienced, candidates an opportunity to interview. Raw talent, in a fully formed adult, at a great company yields great results.

Decent pay, good feedback from supervisors

Csr1 (Former Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good pay for the work Laid back environment with lax dress… Cons: When something changes, employees find out when the customers do. Mass… Advice to Senior Management: Give your employees heads up on major company changes so they can be properly prepared/trained to deal with those calls. Also, don't lay off good employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best place I have ever worked

Director of Engineering (Current Employee)
    Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Leading edge technology, not afraid to do things differently if it makes sense, agile and low process overhead for… Cons: You have to be comfortable with rapid change, ambiguity and have enough self confidence to cope with the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.