Netflix

www.netflix.com

Definitely different

Pros- Genuinely great company, culture, people (seriously GREAT people!)
- Reed Hastings is pretty awesome
- They walk the walk in their culture deck

Overall, I highly recommend this company, with the caveat that the "sports team" culture can be at odds with a good work/life balance. If you're a workaholic, set your boundaries and defend them, otherwise you will drown.

While the culture *is* different and genuine, keep in mind that (like any other company in the Valley), your experience at this company is mostly dependent on your relationship with your direct manager and the people around you. Personally, I've been happier at far worse companies because I had a better relationship with coworkers and peers.

Cons- The lack of PTO is a two-edged sword. Great that you can take what you need when you need; bad that there's never a good time to take time off. If you have any responsibility and you're taking any significant chunk of time, don't be surprised to find yourself on a working vacation.
- You will get tired of hearing "That's what Reed wants" and not being given further context. Granted, this might only a problem if you're not a good follower.
- The "Do it now, fix it later" attitude runs the risk of having things that are "good enough" but not great. The momentum will often keep you building on something "good enough," but not necessarily something of which you're actually proud.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down just a tiny bit and put a little more thought into some of the things you do. The "do it now, fix it later" lends itself to unnecessary sloppiness.

Super smart colleagues lots of learning opportunities

I have been working at Netflix

Pros: Super smart colleagues , lots of freedom. Fast moving culture. A… Cons: Work can take over your life More

I quit first day out of training!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros: The pay is competitive for the position Cons: Their training and tools are awful No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!