There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Was sad to see the company change so much in one year

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR
Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of room to make your own decisions and think on your feet

Cons

When the price change occurred it was a cluster bomb that went off. Then it was announced the company was splitting to two (one DVD and one Streaming) and then it was announced none of that was happening. All the while customers were up in arms over this and we in management were always finding things out at the same time customers were so we had no time to prep our staff. Some very hard months for moral with our staff. Lost a lot of trust with our employee base in terms of management to subordinate relations.

Make sure your mid-level management knows anything key before the public gets it through the blogs, etc. They have to have time to prep their staff and gain buy-in to make a successful transition occur with company changes and/or snaffus.

411 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Stressful, fast, with lots of attrition.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Bleeding edge tech company, with great product.

Cons

Management cares more about metrics than your work/life balance. The buck always get's passed downhill.

Invest time into long term employees.

Operations Manager-DVD Hub

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Completely on your own for running the business, making day to day decisions on employees (hiring and firing)

Cons

High pressure, high stress, little to no room for advancement. High turnover in the management ranks and the front line employees get almost no benefuts. You have unlimited vacation but never get a chance to use it. Micromanaged by every person above you unless things fgo wrong-then you are on your won.

You have great managers int he feild. Let them do the job you hired them to, reward them for the 10-14 hour days, and set back and reap the harvest of their efforts in the feild. Also, as many hub managers as you have turnover, you might need to look at the operational set-up and ask yourself why the average lifesapn of a manager is 12-18 months!!

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix