Netflix

www.netflix.com
  www.netflix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Incredibly talented coworkers, opportunity to make a difference (your work is really seen in other parts of the company), very interesting area of work, top company in the world in its field, excellent compensation.

Cons

Very specific areas of work, it might be difficult to transition to other groups or do anything different if you are not a fit.

427 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Very good learning experience at a cost of a lot of heartache

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor III in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor III in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits. They typically pay above scale and provide benefits from the time you become a full time employee.

Cons

Management, on several occasions missed their mark on several key initiatives in the center. Specifically they never had a clue what was happening on the floor in regards to employee satisfaction and were never involved in developing employees to rank up.

"Manage up or out" was stated on several occasions and this approach is what developed a culture of fear in the call center. High turnover is never a positive motivating factor and management was quick to let go of the people who stood against that ideal.

I would share advice but management seems to agree with Hastings' approach of shooting from the hip and not listening to his trusted advisors.

Was sad to see the company change so much in one year

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of room to make your own decisions and think on your feet

Cons

When the price change occurred it was a cluster bomb that went off. Then it was announced the company was splitting to two (one DVD and one Streaming) and then it was announced none of that was happening. All the while customers were up in arms over this and we in management were always finding things out at the same time customers were so we had no time to prep our staff. Some very hard months for moral with our staff. Lost a lot of trust with our employee base in terms of management to subordinate relations.

Make sure your mid-level management knows anything key before the public gets it through the blogs, etc. They have to have time to prep their staff and gain buy-in to make a successful transition occur with company changes and/or snaffus.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix