Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very good learning experience at a cost of a lot of heartache

Customer Service Supervisor III (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR

ProsPay and benefits. They typically pay above scale and provide benefits from the time you become a full time employee.

ConsManagement, on several occasions missed their mark on several key initiatives in the center. Specifically they never had a clue what was happening on the floor in regards to employee satisfaction and were never involved in developing employees to rank up.

"Manage up or out" was stated on several occasions and this approach is what developed a culture of fear in the call center. High turnover is never a positive motivating factor and management was quick to let go of the people who stood against that ideal.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would share advice but management seems to agree with Hastings' approach of shooting from the hip and not listening to his trusted advisors.

Stressful, fast, with lots of attrition.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros: Bleeding edge tech company, with great product. Cons: Management cares more about metrics than your work/life balance. The… Advice to Senior Management: Invest time into long term employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Libertarian leadership style at the top offers challenges and rewards.

Director of Content (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Netflix's commitment to attracting highly-motivated, creative thinkers throughout the organization means… Cons: There is a certain pressure to perform that comes from the level… Advice to Senior Management: When I left, there was very little reward or recognition… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.