There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Customer Service Represenative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay. $14/hr + benefits or ~$19/hr without benefits. (Not taking the $10,000 in benefits) Great employees.

Cons

Company is not transparent. Often customers will know a huge step taking by upper management before you do. Covering up or what I like to call lying to customers. This job will wear you down with customers, which is not the primary concern but middle management. No clear direction from supervisors they're just looking out for their jobs. One supervisor will differ from the other rapidly.

Please stop making this such a cut throat environment. When reps get it from customers and then you also tie our hands with middle management it makes us despondent and depressed. Most of the reps hate Netflix and stresses them out. Resort to drinking excessively and drugs as a solution to the stress the job implements.

412 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Very good pay and they make you pay for it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good pay
    Free movies
    Popcorn
    Tools are pretty good for a call center
    Lots of parking since they keep firing anyone that works on DVD

Cons

Horrible benefits. You pay a lot for nothing. Don't be fooled by the extra allotment
    No vacation policy means no vacations. The managers and HR are always gone. Maybe they get vacation...
    In last 3 months all the good managers were fired or they work in california
    HR was a recruiter and hardly knows HR. Now that person runs the center and makes the decisions
    Outsourcers keep taking our calls and then they mess them up and transfer them to us instead of the survey. Then our DSAT goes up and then we get fired.

Take care of the DVD business or shut it down. Stop making decisions based off what HR says.

Great product, terrible management

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Free subscription, relatively high pay for the work, fun atmosphere

Cons

Completely mismanaged, focus on average call time rather than customer service

I understand labor is expensive, but customer service is more important than cost. Rather than outsourcing to 3rd party call centers that don't know how to answer generic questions about your service and worrying about getting customers off the line, direct those calling to educated representatives who can help them with any issue and not worry about call times. Granted, you don't want people carrying out personal conversations all day, but helping an elderly customer who is not tech savvy or trying to handle a complex billing issue should not be penalized as those are the customers you want to help in order to retain their business.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix