Netflix

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Keep looking

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaverton, OR
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is above average. The environment is kept very clean. The dress code is very relaxed.

Cons

Everything else about the job. I worked for Netflix for 3 months and had to quit. I have never left a job so quickly. It's that bad. You know you're in a culture of fear when the person training your group talks about how they were nearly fired. I was told I would be let go during training if I didn't "improve". The problem is they were incapable of telling me what needed "improving". I've worked in customer service for over a decade and never been exposed to such a fear based culture. If you read other reviews of Netflix you'll find that most people have had a similar experience.

Stop throwing your customer service under the bus.

427 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Formerly 5-star, now a bit adrift

Former Employee - Director of Engineering in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Engineering in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart co-workers with the basics of a great corporate culture.
    Lack or management direction means lots of job flexibility (back-handed pro?).
    Good product that has potential.

Cons

Lacking a future strategic vision from the exec team.
    Not an innovation culture for engineers, more of a tinkering culture with mindless obsession to A/B testing.
    Didn't learn from the Qwikster debacle and hasn't returned to a focus on customers - they're just numbers on a chart to management.

Realize Netflix needs to be more than just a content middle-man to succeed long term.

I had a great ride at Netflix up to the point where Reed torpedoed the company with the Qwikster idiocy. Despite the obsession with testing user experience, almost nothing was done to test consumer reaction to the Qwikster plan before it was announced (haphazardly at that).

Put customers first again and deliver the BEST combined streaming and DVD experience possible. Despite the religious conviction to kill the DVD business, wait on doing this until the rest of the population is ready for it. Forcing the issue is hurting Netflix in the short term, and this damage is opening an opportunity for competition.

Customer Service Represenative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay. $14/hr + benefits or ~$19/hr without benefits. (Not taking the $10,000 in benefits) Great employees.

Cons

Company is not transparent. Often customers will know a huge step taking by upper management before you do. Covering up or what I like to call lying to customers. This job will wear you down with customers, which is not the primary concern but middle management. No clear direction from supervisors they're just looking out for their jobs. One supervisor will differ from the other rapidly.

Please stop making this such a cut throat environment. When reps get it from customers and then you also tie our hands with middle management it makes us despondent and depressed. Most of the reps hate Netflix and stresses them out. Resort to drinking excessively and drugs as a solution to the stress the job implements.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix