Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Know yourself, then manage your path accordingly

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Gatos, CA

ProsBrilliant co-workers, opportunities to have a direct impact, minimal nit-picking bureaucracy or corporate policies, dynamic energy as the company continually evolves. Company does pretty well as removing doofuses and not hiring jerks. For the saavy employee, you can move into some great opportunities as the company grows and adapts. Upper management is very transparent (even when sometimes they don't make the best call -- e.g. Qwikster).

ConsDynamic environment does not work for a 'do my work and go home' employee or those who just want to show up and be told what to do. Middle and lower management can be a crap shoot -- seek out a great boss (there's many at Netflix) and avoid the bad ones (unfortunately, Netflix has those too). There is a level of 'playing the game' but not to an extent that I'd say is greater than anywhere else. Corporate philosophy does not emphasize coaching (but does not ban it) -- so you need to seek out your own mentors or strengthen your team (if you're a lead) by figuring out career/skills grown on your own.

The company is decline

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: paid well. work long hours without vacation. Cons: The culture is bad. They claim they only hiring superstar, but… Advice to Senior Management: Your culture is not that great. You company just… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work if you're a self-starter

Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time

Pros: Fast-pace, great compensation, open communication Cons: Chaotic at times and could use more structure Advice to Senior Management: Freedom is great but don't forget the responsibility part Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.