Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not as great as they make it out to be

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR

Pros*Free netflix
*Nice facility that is kept up well
*Usual set work schedule
*Pays a few dollars more than most places

ConsDuring training they make you think that as long as you are taking feedback they give you then there is no worries about the score of the percentage of people that say "no" to the survey. In all reality though the survey rules everything. Even if you helped the person on the phone to the best of your abilities, we're super nice, educated them about the problem and they thought you were an awesome person by time you were done talking to the Customer is still going to say No to the survey if they are annoyed with how netflix works because the survey doesn't ask if the person on the phone helped you today? It asks are you satsified with your netflix experience. So, there was a lot of frustration where they had a lot of people listen to you and none of them could really tell you what you could have done better in that call to make the person say yes to the survey. So, they give you tips like start every call differently instead of opening the call the same way or saying the customer's name over and over to help them feel like they have a connection with you to say yes.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing so much on if some one says no to the survey if you're not going to specifically ask if the representative helped the customer. I am sure they have fired a lot of good people due to the survey.

Great place to work if you can handle it

I have been working at Netflix

Pros: Excellent Salary and fringe benefits Work with a lot of very smart people Nothing is… Cons: The hours you work can get a little ridiculous sometimes, but again, the salary more than makes up for it The DVD side… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent Pay & Fast paced work environment

Senior BI Architect (Current Employee)
    Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Pay & Fact paced work environment Cons: Fast paced a work environment and no additional perks Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.