Netflix

www.netflix.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Good alternative to larger companies

I have been working at Netflix full-time

Pros

Friendly environment with many seasoned pros in the ranks. Engineers and their designs are not subject to micro-management. Very little policy or overhead. Great compensation from a cash perspective. Team orientation.

Cons

While much of netflix is progressive, there's a lot of legacy software and practice you will have to deal with. Beige cubes, plastic bottles and lunches paint a rather out-of-date office space approach.

Be more green: allow remote employees, open offices closer to population centers, stop all the plastic waste. Force staff rotation particularly around troublesome technology.

452 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Great Pay, Little Security

I worked at Netflix full-time

Pros

Good pay for the work, and benefits.

Cons

Average call center. Very high turnover

Was once a Superstar now very much adrift.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly New Technology, Smart Talent, Free food and iphones. This place will certainly wow you in technology and some of the best talent, Good compensation.

Cons

lousy vacation policy(get real, no vacation policy - no vacation), very stressful work environment, little to no career opportunities if you are hired as an engineer, Chaos everywhere - High Turnover always affects your work one way or the other.

About time you should check your champion badge, it may have expired. Qwikster was a debacle. But the hiring cycle afterwards brought some worse incompetent middle management. Open door policy and summary dismissals might have worked for us in the past when we were a DVD business, but it definitely is hurting us - Bay is a very small place. Your talent is leaving(or about to leave), others are simply not interested in working with us. If you dont believe me, ask why recruiters always have to bring talent from outside silicon valley. Promote openness, talent and healthy work environment - not mediocre middle management's words. Please bring back the culture from 3 years ago.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix