There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Very Employee Friendly

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor  in  Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay, time off, benefits compensation. Awesome hours. They promote teamwork among their employees. Upper Management has open door policy and they are extremly approachable.

Cons

DVD side of the company is getting smaller due to more new customers utilizing the streaming service.

Keep up the level of interactivity with the employees. Shows everyone that they are valuable to the company and they are recognized

407 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Was once a Superstar now very much adrift.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fairly New Technology, Smart Talent, Free food and iphones. This place will certainly wow you in technology and some of the best talent, Good compensation.

Cons

lousy vacation policy(get real, no vacation policy - no vacation), very stressful work environment, little to no career opportunities if you are hired as an engineer, Chaos everywhere - High Turnover always affects your work one way or the other.

About time you should check your champion badge, it may have expired. Qwikster was a debacle. But the hiring cycle afterwards brought some worse incompetent middle management. Open door policy and summary dismissals might have worked for us in the past when we were a DVD business, but it definitely is hurting us - Bay is a very small place. Your talent is leaving(or about to leave), others are simply not interested in working with us. If you dont believe me, ask why recruiters always have to bring talent from outside silicon valley. Promote openness, talent and healthy work environment - not mediocre middle management's words. Please bring back the culture from 3 years ago.

Hacking Netflix

Former Employee - CSR-1  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - CSR-1 in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great stock options and free movies

Cons

They love firing people for things that aren't under the employees entire control and micromanage like a mofo

Chill out- its just movies

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!