Netflix was a great learning experience and resume builder.

Former Employee - Digital Account Specialist  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Digital Account Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

High Salary // Free Lunches // Unlimited Vacation // Flexible Hours

Cons

Office Politics // Limited Growth

Focus on what matters most, the business instead of office gossip.

Other Reviews for Netflix

Churn and burn

Former Employee - Call Center Support Staff  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Call Center Support Staff in Portland, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some great people there (fellow employee's)

Cons

Every call you get can result in a survey with either a "yes" or "no" if they were satisfied with Netflix. You can get anywhere from 40 to 120 calls a day and the survey feedback was instant, meaning as soon as the caller input their survey you were notified. 2 "No's" could wipe out a whole day of "Yes's" and a lot these callers were incredibly unstable. Anything from people not remembering their password to the website to death threats. You had just 4 minutes to try to make them happy somehow and get them off the line before you got an instant message asking what the problem was. If you had to many "No's" you get fired on the spot. Call time too long? Fired. People came and went so much I didn't want to get to know them well because I knew they'd be out the door shortly. I had an incredible team coach that had a lot of faith in me which allowed me to persist in this enviorment. When the whole "separate dvd shipping and online streaming" failed they fired him and many, many others. I hung around for 9 months before I quit, the pressure to make metrics was savage and it was estimated that only 5% of the employee's would make it to a full year. I could go on with situations where the customer was extremely abusive, said no to the survey and went way way over the 4 minutes I was allowed only to have my job threatened for not meeting metrics but hopefully you get the idea.

My advice to management? I wouldn't know where to begin.

Avoid- Plenty of Fish in the Sea

Former Employee - CSR2  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - CSR2 in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Inexpensive health insurance
    Unique work environment

Cons

Where do I start.... I am a highly educated, sharp, always employed individual and I found it very challenging to work for Netflix long-term. I've been employed in restaurant management, accounting and retail (just to name a few) and this company was by far, the worst place I've ever worked. At my youngest, I was a Merry Maid and I even found that much more enjoyable then slaving away to constant surveys, unintelligent callers and unrealistic expectations. Forget about taking vacation- embrace ocassional, mandatory over-time. Expect callers to personally threaten you and your family. Schedules constantly change to odd hours- no matter what your "ranking" in the center is. Little or no promotion within. I gladly chose to discontinue my employment with Netflix voluntarily and my quality of life has greatly improved.

SMH- if you've made it this far, you've drank the Kool Aid.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!