Fine, if you can handle the hours

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate
Former Employee - Warehouse Associate

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy interview. Lots of quiet time. Ripping envelopes can be kind of a zen experience if you look at it that way

Cons

early, short hours. facilities are often far enough away from residential areas that the gas cost basically negates 1/4 of your work day's wages. No social interaction. VERY Repetitive.

Find some way to give people full time hours so that that you don't have a constant revolving door with employees.

Other Reviews for Netflix

Engaging environment with many interesting technical opportunities

I have been working at Netflix full-time

Pros

Netflix offers amazing co-workers, an exciting business, and the opportunity to work on cool technology problems. Employees (and the community) can contribute to open source projects. The mature workforce focuses on working hard but goes home and recharges at night.

Cons

If you're looking for dinners served at the office, you won't find those at Netflix. I wasn't looking for those things, so I would consider this a pro!

Fast paced environment that was a great experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you do your homework ahead of time you will know that it is not likely that you will retire from Netflix. If you didn't do it before hand and decided to work for Netflix and were shocked at its fast pace and rapid change then shame on you. The company is exactly what it advertises itself to be.

I completely enjoyed the team I worked with and all of the challenges we faced. It has almost been a year and I can honestly say it was a great experience and I miss the folks I got to work with. Netflix has chosen a unique path in regards to customer service and is willing to take new and or different approaches. It is a rewarding experience to generate an idea and have that idea implemented within the same day. Not everything we tried worked but many of things we utilized did work and were very rewarding in there success. If customer service is your chosen profession you can learn a lot from working with this company and gain insight into what would improve an industry that has chosen a path of mediocrity and failure.

Cons

Qwikster...that pretty much says it all.

I genuinely enjoyed the direct and honest conversations I had with peers, HR, and my boss. This is something unique in my experience and I would hate to see that change. Keep the cereal, fruit, ppt decks, video games, ping pong, and coffee going the reps love that.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!