There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Great Place to work-Never had a problem

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Anchorage, AK
Current Employee - Machine Operator in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

Unlimited Movie Plan
Unlimited Promotion Potential
Great Management Team
Good Hours
Competative Salary
No Micromanagement
Respectful leadership
Good work hours

Cons

No Raises
No paid time off
Not many sit down evaluations with employees
Alot of changes regarding minor day to day operations

I've never once had a problem while working for Netflix. I've been a Machine Operator and an Opps Supervisor at the Anchorage Hub for all in all about 9 months total. Great manager and Supervisor team. No micromanaging and they understand the human side of things and treat everyone from the people that work twice a week all the way up to the full timers with exactly the same respect level. I enjoy working for the company greatly and there is alot of potential to move up in the ranks if you put your time in and do your job the right way. Simple. All it takes is actually WORKING and being accurate and on time. Not a problem for me, so Netflix is where I'll be for a long time.

412 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Well ran company, better call center

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

Better pay than most call centers with a pretty good enviroment at the center itself. Most of the team leaders are very solid. The company itself is organized well, and its great to work at a company that works. Very merit based. Overall one of the better call centers in the country I would guess.

Cons

It is a call center and that is a huge downside due to the nature of the work. The constant measurement of progress, and high expectations can be stressful. Time off is very difficult to imposssible to get off unless you plan months a head. Currently there is no availble time off for the rest of the year. The team managers (my supervisors supervisors) seem to be less compentent than many of the team supervisors. No advancement outside of the call center, and the advancement within the call center is pretty competative. Also the "company values" of taking invoation from anywhere in the company is a little bit of BS. I and others have made recomendations that don't leave the call center to corprate. I have even been told by a team manager to not waste my time thinking of call drivers or to come up with ideas as "people with advanced degrees are already doing that."

Reevaulate the team manager positions. I believe most are a hold over from when the call center was ran less well a few years back. I would love some other outlets of employment provided to those within the call center. For example I worked in a retail store that posted ever company job, and encouraged the people within retail stores to apply for corprate positions. Also listen to th troops better. A lot of very sharp people (due to the high expectations) work for you and want Netflix to succeed; listen to them.

The number one priority for Management is recruiting (huh?)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

- No vacation policy
    - Pay well
    - Great, unique, and creative stock option plan
    - The company has steady growth and value even in a crappy economy
    - The company has and continues to make excellent business decisions in it's market space
    - No monolithic approval processes
    - Co-workers are mostly very smart reasonable adults
    - No college hires (only seasoned professionals)
    - All salaried employees get cell phones (BlackBerry, iPhone, etc.)
    - Free underground parking
    - Free Netflix account

Cons

- No vacation policy
    - People get let go constantly which makes you wonder whos next...
    - HR has an unnaturally massive influence in the company and your future (e.g., don't ever get on the bad side of a recruiter or you're toast!).
    - Health benefits are below average and expensive

Keep up the good work. Consider having more social activities. Describe the mystery behind the employee's title when hired. For example - I've never worked with so many "directors" that have no direct reports.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix