There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Avoid- Plenty of Fish in the Sea

Former Employee - CSR2 in Hillsboro, OR
Former Employee - CSR2 in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Inexpensive health insurance
Unique work environment

Cons

Where do I start.... I am a highly educated, sharp, always employed individual and I found it very challenging to work for Netflix long-term. I've been employed in restaurant management, accounting and retail (just to name a few) and this company was by far, the worst place I've ever worked. At my youngest, I was a Merry Maid and I even found that much more enjoyable then slaving away to constant surveys, unintelligent callers and unrealistic expectations. Forget about taking vacation- embrace ocassional, mandatory over-time. Expect callers to personally threaten you and your family. Schedules constantly change to odd hours- no matter what your "ranking" in the center is. Little or no promotion within. I gladly chose to discontinue my employment with Netflix voluntarily and my quality of life has greatly improved.

SMH- if you've made it this far, you've drank the Kool Aid.

412 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

High pay, but not worth it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time

Pros

Used to be top of market pay. No longer is, but still higher than average.

Free Netflix account.

Cons

The Hillsboro call center is shrinking dramatically. Management puts as much spin on this as possible but the reality is, opportunities to advance do not exist.

The "Netflix culture" is hyped constantly but is not actually practiced. You will survive if you can speak the buzz words fluently while shamelessly self-promoting yourself at all times and never questioning management.

Everyone is under tremendous stress to protect their position for as long as possible. Success in Hillsboro depends not on the quality of your work but upon your ability to spin the truth and play politics.

Management is not looking for advice.

Fine, if you can handle the hours

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate

I worked at Netflix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy interview. Lots of quiet time. Ripping envelopes can be kind of a zen experience if you look at it that way

Cons

early, short hours. facilities are often far enough away from residential areas that the gas cost basically negates 1/4 of your work day's wages. No social interaction. VERY Repetitive.

Find some way to give people full time hours so that that you don't have a constant revolving door with employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix