There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

High Pressure High Reward

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Freedom and Responsibility culture. Ability to express own ideas.

Cons

No work life balance. High Pressure to be a shark. Political games for advancement. Claims to be transparent, but is not.

Practice what you preach.

411 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Like living inside an MBA case study

Current Employee - Director in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management is not afraid to experiment and try new things. Rapid development. High trust culture. Inventing the future.

Cons

If you don't like change, ambiguity or are uncomfortable in a place where you get to use your own judgement a lot, it wouldn't be a good fit.

Fast paced environment that was a great experience.

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you do your homework ahead of time you will know that it is not likely that you will retire from Netflix. If you didn't do it before hand and decided to work for Netflix and were shocked at its fast pace and rapid change then shame on you. The company is exactly what it advertises itself to be.

I completely enjoyed the team I worked with and all of the challenges we faced. It has almost been a year and I can honestly say it was a great experience and I miss the folks I got to work with. Netflix has chosen a unique path in regards to customer service and is willing to take new and or different approaches. It is a rewarding experience to generate an idea and have that idea implemented within the same day. Not everything we tried worked but many of things we utilized did work and were very rewarding in there success. If customer service is your chosen profession you can learn a lot from working with this company and gain insight into what would improve an industry that has chosen a path of mediocrity and failure.

Cons

Qwikster...that pretty much says it all.

I genuinely enjoyed the direct and honest conversations I had with peers, HR, and my boss. This is something unique in my experience and I would hate to see that change. Keep the cereal, fruit, ppt decks, video games, ping pong, and coffee going the reps love that.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix