Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Highly political culture, dysfunctional.

Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA

ProsPay and the Netflix name helps on your resume, since most people outside do not know how bad it is inside.

ConsMind numbing. Stress. Constantly watching your back. There are people who have very high title (Directors, Managers, even VPs) who got it because they've managed to stay there the longest. Not because they are qualified for the job. The long timer/oldtimers survived by CYA each others. Those who they think are dangerous to their job will get the knife in the back.

It's not how good you are. It's how well you "play the game" and "fit in with the political culture". They value "safe" decisions that do not rock the boat. At least in the IT Ops dept that I worked in.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of the cloud once in a while. There's real problem underneath. Engineering got tired of the dysfunctional IT Ops group, and built their own infrastructure so they don't have to deal with incompetent people.

Best thing to do is fire everyone in Ops, and start fresh.

Repackager (former employee)

Repackager (Former Employee)
    Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Netflix part-time for less than a year

Pros: Easy job to get for HS college student Cons: mindless work with no opportunity No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Netflix is a high performance atmosphere that allows you the freedom to use your judgement on your calls verses scripts.

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Feedback is appreciated and constantly given. Cons: Lack of moving up. Tenure is not considered at all. Advice to Senior Management: None. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.