There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Previous employee, been a few years

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaverton, OR
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice bling
Decent pay
very good ticket software

Cons

The only place I've seen this much churn is at a fruit packing shed. The best manager I've ever had was fired for no particular reason, along with his boss and several other employees. If you could not make the customers give you a good review (hard to do when they did maintenance every Tuesday at 10pm), you would be fired.

Quit holding people accountable for things outside of their control.There's no point in a liberal vacation policy if people are fired for taking a few days off. I will not work for a company that does not have compassion for its employees.

411 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Drink lots of coffee.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

24 hours a day available for setting schedule. I was paid very well through the temp agency and then was given a good raise after I was hired on. There was also a lot of windows and a cheery looking appearance.

Cons

Constant changes in team organization and fear filled environment. There were mental health hotline tear aways in the bathrooms. It wasn't an easy place to work because management constantly hounded you if you made a single mistake.

Empowering place to work - Little bureaucracy for size

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company culture strives to minimize process in favor of trusting employees and giving them room to run. This results in an organization powered by experienced self-starters who are incredible people to learn from. It provides the maturity of a larger company with talented people, while still enabling considerable creative freedom. (Applies to Los Gatos HQ)

Cons

Coordination can sometimes be weak due to "loosely coupled" culture. It is very easy to get out of sync on goals and expectations with teammates and managers unless one is very vigilant and communicates well. Most managers try to adhere to the culture, but each deviates in their own idiosyncratic way.

Stronger cross-function consistency as regards to commitment to culture would be ideal. Product, Content, Marketing, and Finance have all substantially deviated in their own ways.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix