There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Love the company, Hate working for it!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Hillsboro, OR
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix

Pros

The pay, and the perks, ie. free netflix!

Cons

Terrible management! Very high schoolish. It is not how good you can do your job, its how good you are with your supervisor. Actual comment from a supervisor when asked to come in a couple minutes late for a school exam was "you need to think about what is important to you right now, school or your job." Supervisors are very self absorbed and if you are not all about them then you will be fired and off their team.

Training program is very good. They let you know what is expected of you and how to get there. Unfortunately the supervisors do not match up with the training. The training was very thorough and we went through a lot. I was very dissapointed when I got out and noticed that each sup had their own way and went a total different direction then training. We wer given examples of what not to do and you would see the supervisor doing it constantly. We were given specific verbage that we could use in certain circumstances and the supervisor will let you know how terrible you are for using that verbaige and that is not the netflix way! very contridictive. Managers only go by what their supervisors say about you so if your supervisor doesnt like you they have all the power to get rid of you. Very high turn over rate! I personally saw at least 30 people fired during the short time I was there. Even though I read the comments about get in and get out before getting canned, I went into the job thinking that would never happen! I did everything I was told to do was told I would be amazing by all the trainers and that I would go far, wasnt my supervisors best friend, so I got fired.

407 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Good Developers but bad Company Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

As a senior developer, you are working with a group of senior developers, and developers are working together to get things done

Cons

As posted on Internet by Company Management, Netflix DOES NOT treat employee as a member of family, you have to be always prepared that your manager would let you go because:

1. You did a great job and mission is complished, so they don't have to keep you anymore
    2. Your manager find a person "better" than you
    3. Project did not work out smoothly, developer is likely the one to be blamed.

No advice

No Wonder Netflix is Always Looking for Customer Service Reps!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Benefits on first day of work.
    Nice headsets.
    Clean facilities.
    Just-Add-Water Microwaveable Food in break room.

Cons

Exceptionally high turnover rate.
    Fear-based management.
    Disposable employees.
    Lack of respect with a smile.

Set clear and realistic performance expectations. Implement and follow a concrete and clear warning procedure for poor performance. Be honest and upfront about the high turnover rate and effectively address the causes. This company is getting a reputation in Portland.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!