There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Worst place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix

Pros

High Salary and Good Office location

Cons

Average benefits.
Management by fear.
No human values.
Can get fired after high performance.
Severance package is not good.

I never thought human values and business values have to be diametrically opposite in order for a company to succeed. Netflix is a great manifestation of that. Management by fear is what they practice and they are able to achieve great business results using that. So far it seems to work. Ethics and human values are good topics for theoretical discussion but I think those are obvious hindrances to the way modern day businesses need to run.

411 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Employees treated like a paper towel - good for one use then throw away.

I worked at Netflix

Pros

- Higher that average pay for a call center
    - Free food/ fun incentives
    - Good benefits package

Cons

- No job security what so ever
    - Extreme lack of communication (you can be told you are doing great 4 days in a row and then "let go" on the 5th.)
    - Sickening climate of fear in this workplace
    - Lack of respect and sensitivity during the "let go" process

Do not hire people just to fire them. People have feelings, and goals, and bills... do not just hire people, train them and then let them go for not being a "good fit." I followed all the rules, was an exceptional employee, and was fired for no legitimate reason. This company is getting a bad reputation for treating it's employees like disposable pee ons. Take some PRIDE in your people, let them excel and nurture them.

Love the company, Hate working for it!

I worked at Netflix

Pros

The pay, and the perks, ie. free netflix!

Cons

Terrible management! Very high schoolish. It is not how good you can do your job, its how good you are with your supervisor. Actual comment from a supervisor when asked to come in a couple minutes late for a school exam was "you need to think about what is important to you right now, school or your job." Supervisors are very self absorbed and if you are not all about them then you will be fired and off their team.

Training program is very good. They let you know what is expected of you and how to get there. Unfortunately the supervisors do not match up with the training. The training was very thorough and we went through a lot. I was very dissapointed when I got out and noticed that each sup had their own way and went a total different direction then training. We wer given examples of what not to do and you would see the supervisor doing it constantly. We were given specific verbage that we could use in certain circumstances and the supervisor will let you know how terrible you are for using that verbaige and that is not the netflix way! very contridictive. Managers only go by what their supervisors say about you so if your supervisor doesnt like you they have all the power to get rid of you. Very high turn over rate! I personally saw at least 30 people fired during the short time I was there. Even though I read the comments about get in and get out before getting canned, I went into the job thinking that would never happen! I did everything I was told to do was told I would be amazing by all the trainers and that I would go far, wasnt my supervisors best friend, so I got fired.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix