Highly Talented Group of Employees

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer In Test in Los Gatos, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer In Test in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

Challenging and yet very collaborative workplace. Shared goal without politics. Lots of moving parts hence a lot of things to learn. Excellent Pay. Free Lunches.

Cons

Similar trappings of a growing company but nothing surprising that I have not already seen in one form or another with other companies I worked for in the past.

Advice to Management

Embrace some form of process. Process can be useful if applied in the correct way and still enable any group to be flexible and role with schedule.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Stay Away. You do not want to work here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

Nice location New management that has been brought in knows what they are doing Free coffee and Netflix account Benefits are ok Pay is good

Cons

Really scary place to work. There is so much fear in the culture in the call center that it is difficult to work there. The new Director is a joke. He has no idea what he is doing and is making decisions that will hurt the call center. There are few people who respect him as a leader and we look to our Managers for guidance. There is no clear direction and even though they talk about coaching their people it is not true. The coaching has no impact and people are fired due to not being supported properly. There are so many other Supervisors looking for jobs because they cannot stand it there. I cannot wait to get a new job. Attrition there is so high. You can see new people brought in and the next few months they are gone. I have never seen a place tat makes so many snap decisions on people which supports the fact that Netflix does not focus on people development.

Advice to Management

Have senior management from corporate due focus groups to see how poorly this place Is being run. I have worked in call centers before and if the leadership does not change things then they will have a hard time hiring people. None of my friends will come to work here because they know the reputation. People stay away. It is the worst place to work in Oregon.

Netflix: A company that doesn't value employees, but only sees them as a means to an end.

Current Employee - DVD Sorter (Phoenix) in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - DVD Sorter (Phoenix) in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

Above average pay compared to the industry standard. Casual work attire policy.

Cons

Inadequate, poorly-trained management. Very little emphasis on feedback to employees. No paid vacation.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Don't treat them like cattle. If you don't have any sense of loyalty to your employees, they won't hesitate to leave for a better offer elsewhere. Your company has about 25% turnover, easily. Why do you think that is?