There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Highly Talented Group of Employees

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer In Test in Los Gatos, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer In Test in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

Challenging and yet very collaborative workplace. Shared goal without politics. Lots of moving parts hence a lot of things to learn. Excellent Pay. Free Lunches.

Cons

Similar trappings of a growing company but nothing surprising that I have not already seen in one form or another with other companies I worked for in the past.

Embrace some form of process. Process can be useful if applied in the correct way and still enable any group to be flexible and role with schedule.

411 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Netflix: A company that doesn't value employees, but only sees them as a means to an end.

Current Employee - DVD Sorter (Phoenix) in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - DVD Sorter (Phoenix) in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

Above average pay compared to the industry standard. Casual work attire policy.

Cons

Inadequate, poorly-trained management. Very little emphasis on feedback to employees. No paid vacation.

Value your employees. Don't treat them like cattle. If you don't have any sense of loyalty to your employees, they won't hesitate to leave for a better offer elsewhere. Your company has about 25% turnover, easily. Why do you think that is?

Stressful is an understatement

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, awesome co workers

Cons

This is one of the most stressful work environments I have EVER worked at. Seems like no one has worked there longer than a year. Everything is based on your dissatisfied percentage and its impossible to satisfy everyone. ESPECIALLY when it is a dsat about service not rep. To Netflix, its the same damn thing. My supervisor was horrible and they all just sit together and chat all day. Almost seems like arent doing a damn thing.

If your employees werent so stressed out all the time, maybe you would see better performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix