Netflix

www.netflix.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Best run company I have ever been with and I have been with some good orgs.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

Amazingly smart people. Business looks easy but is complicated--hard problems to solve which is why I am here. I get to do work that affects our customers, directly...way cool that my role has that much impact.

Cons

Not everyone wants the culture to work--and that is disappointing.

Keep the course with the business and the culture.

449 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Times are tough so you probably need the job but start looking for a career ASAP once hired!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

hands down pay is great 14.00 plus health care benefits (800 extra a month if you opt out of insurance) puts my pay above 2500 a month!

10 hour shifts (can be a con too) three day weekends are nice but you will need it

Classified as a hostile work environment by the state of Oregon so you get unemployment for virtually anything you may get fired for (even if you deserve to be fired). Make sure you get hired by netflix first before taking advantage of this sweet pro. It does not work if you are still on your trial period with them through a hiring agency.

Great job to go into to find a real career especially as a college graduate in this economy

Cons

Customers have no lives so they call up about stupid things and feel they deserve the world for $9.99

Dealing with stupid people all day long is very rough.

Pay is great but think about it, why do they pay so well? If it was a great place to work they would not need to pay well, would they ;-)

constantly acting like you care takes its toll at about 4 months in (like I said start looking for another job on your three day weekend no matter what you think at the start of this job, you will thank me later for that nugget of info ;-)

You will not get time off even though they don't give you paid time off

People are always getting axed around you so don't depend on the job.

Let people take time off! By not your allowing people time off your making them get burnt out.

High performance with high forced attrition

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix

Pros

good pay (not compared to the expectations) . its good ROI for netflix not to employee.
    if ur an expert and u r stuck in ur place then netflix can reward u good.
    it can allow you to be a mster of everything and allow merit speak than leadership.

Cons

it depends on ur manager's discretion. so if ur gaurded to be urself then its the place to work.
    unrefined office culture is prone to exploitation. counter productive culture and fear is developed and growing faster.

start smacking the time and hear the employees voices to keep the best in the winning side.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix