There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

My advice - accept job here, get kicked out after half year

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Higher than industry average salary.

Cons

Read other reviews of former employees. Out of all people that I worked with at the time more than 80% were kicked out. Most of them are bright engineers.

My advice - if you are offered a position in Netflix fight for the highest salary possible. In any case expect to be fired soon. Maybe after a year, maybe sooner, maybe later.

You don't need to worry. Everything is well. Your stock grows like crazy until you are out of talent and noone wants to work for you anymore.

reviews filtered by

It paid decent, but the level of efficiency stripped all the human aspects away.

I worked at Netflix

Pros

The pay you well, they have a great health care plan, and they will give you full time status and paid training.

Cons

Zero time to be human, the constant computer monitoring puts you on edge since you have only 5 minutes to explain to an 80yr old how to install firefox in order to watch a video on their mac computer. This job tells you to be super human and empathetic, yet their employees want to shoot themselves since the place is run like a prison camp. Trying to go to the bathroom will result in your averages going down on the computer monitoring system and if your average falls below 5 minutes per call per shift you are FIRED, ZERO TOLERANCE!

You fold at management do realize that your training continuously year round results in a $14,000 dollar expense a week, with only a 35% stay rate after 6 months. This program you have costs you a fortune annually and is HIGHLY INEFFICIENT, something you profess to be striving for.

Do yourselves a favor, humanize the job, give people an incentive besides the 14 dollar an hour pay for zero life and boot camp like tactics. You pay so much for people just to sit through a training session that you could have given current employees a real reason to feel appreciated besides the cheap Netflix swag you peddle.

Seriously, make the environment a more "happy place" and save serious money and improve employee moral significantly.

I like the way Mr. Hastings runs things, but he is never actually seen at the Hislboro facility and he is wasting A LOT of money annually with his ridiculous and wasteful training and selection staff.. Seriously, they are ripping you and the potential employees off big time! Also, they like to hand their friends the codes that you give out to the employees to their friends resulting in a month of free 8 movie rentals. You are being robbed sir!

Work was going well, but I was fired for being sick

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Free Netflix subscription, good compensation for what you are doing, just sitting and talking really. They also allow you to use your own judgement when compensating customers for problems.

Cons

I was ahead of the curve for a new hire, things were going well. I got sick a couple of times and then a week after my last absence, they fired me at the start of my work week. I just wish they would have said something like, you can't miss one more day or we will have to let you go, something along those lines.

If you have written-in-stone guidelines such as an attendance policy, those guidelines should be something shared with the people that they are being enforced on. Because how are you supposed to obey a law, if you honestly don't know it exists,

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix