Netflix

www.netflix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Hell with free Easy Mac

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Free Easy Mac, Tea, Oatmeal & Cup O Noodles
Free Netflix Subscription

Cons

The people working here are so ridiculous and the trainer is straight from Sesame Street.

I knew one of the first 6 people to open the center, and she had been laid off over a year prior to when I started. She had some horror stories, but I thought the pay would overshadow any hint of doubt I had.

I made them aware of the fact that I was in school [college, obviously] prior to being invited to the interview, and they said that was fine & they'd work with me (I found out later that this is a complete lie). I went through training and everything with positive feedback. Only after that did it become an issue, and I was constantly pulled aside and berated. I am not going to quit school to slave away at a job that will last less than a year. They pulled me into random rooms around the call center and told me my "internet browsing privileges were being taken away during my breaks," because I looked up Netflix reviews. I was told that my face looked "sad and depressed." Well, of course it was after you pulled me into a room 3 times in one day trying to make me feel bad about going to school.

They expect you to talk to 85-year-olds with Alzheimers that can't even remember their email address, let alone their name, and help them fix whatever issue they have in less than 5 minutes.

Why is there free food? Why are there showers here? Why are there laptops for you to use? Because they want you to eat, sleep and breathe Netflix.

People are human. Netflix has no human aspect to it.
When I first started, everyone there was worried about their job, although most of them were recently promoted. That's horrible. Start investing in people so you don't waste money on training.

Don't say things that can bring a lawsuit to your door.

Don't hire people in school.

Don't expect newly trained employees to know all of the answers when your trainers don't even know the answers.

427 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

This place is absolutely grueling; they eat you up and spit you out.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Salaries are at or above the market rate.
    Good stock options for salaried employees.
    The ability to work remotely, from home.

Cons

Working around the clock, phone calls during vacation.
    Very high attrition rates
    Constant fear of being let go
    Always switching directions while running full speed ahead.

Quit being elitists. Your company is a revolving door and you continue to lose brilliant people because you don't treat them like human beings.

At the rate in which Netflix hires & fires, I'm amazed that they are sill able to find people to interview!

It paid decent, but the level of efficiency stripped all the human aspects away.

I worked at Netflix

Pros

The pay you well, they have a great health care plan, and they will give you full time status and paid training.

Cons

Zero time to be human, the constant computer monitoring puts you on edge since you have only 5 minutes to explain to an 80yr old how to install firefox in order to watch a video on their mac computer. This job tells you to be super human and empathetic, yet their employees want to shoot themselves since the place is run like a prison camp. Trying to go to the bathroom will result in your averages going down on the computer monitoring system and if your average falls below 5 minutes per call per shift you are FIRED, ZERO TOLERANCE!

You fold at management do realize that your training continuously year round results in a $14,000 dollar expense a week, with only a 35% stay rate after 6 months. This program you have costs you a fortune annually and is HIGHLY INEFFICIENT, something you profess to be striving for.

Do yourselves a favor, humanize the job, give people an incentive besides the 14 dollar an hour pay for zero life and boot camp like tactics. You pay so much for people just to sit through a training session that you could have given current employees a real reason to feel appreciated besides the cheap Netflix swag you peddle.

Seriously, make the environment a more "happy place" and save serious money and improve employee moral significantly.

I like the way Mr. Hastings runs things, but he is never actually seen at the Hislboro facility and he is wasting A LOT of money annually with his ridiculous and wasteful training and selection staff.. Seriously, they are ripping you and the potential employees off big time! Also, they like to hand their friends the codes that you give out to the employees to their friends resulting in a month of free 8 movie rentals. You are being robbed sir!

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix