Netpique

Contracts delayed, wrong pricing, Constantly changing Commission Structure

Former Employee - B2B Outside Sales in Oak Brook, IL
Former Employee - B2B Outside Sales in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Netpique

Pros

Good Training for New Salespeople
Flexible Hours
Paid Training
Excellent initial training program
Benefits after 90 days...if you can last that long

Cons

Terrible Management
Constantly Changing Commissions
Going into office everyday
Out in all types of weather
Managers often unavailable
Very controlling Sales Manager

Let people develope and sell without all the controlling
Be more upfront about performance and help before all the probation notices
Develope the people you have and stop firing and hiring every week

29 Other Employee Reviews for Netpique (View Most Recent)

a grind

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Netpique

Pros

flexible hours, customer reaction, ease of paperwork

Cons

salary, constandly changing comission stucture.

increase comissions

Enjoyable Experience

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Netpique

Pros

Before coming to Netpique I worked for another outside sales company and have enjoyed my experience here at Netpique much more than previous employers. So much so that when the opportunity came to change from one client to a new client, I was excited to be apart of the new team. Several of the reviews I've read are largely negative and - atleast I feel - are wholly unfair and attributable to previous sales management that has since been moved on. Netpique's sales system is in place to ensure that everyone is treated and judged equally - something that appeals to me when looking back at my previous employment. In opposition to to several reviews I've read, the daily morning meetings have helped me grow as a leader in that I have the floor to train and mentor new sales people. In addition to providing a leadership platform the morning meetings have made me a better prepared sales person. I also enjoy the regular senior management visits from both the client and Netpique staff. On numerous occasions the senior management has helped me in the field when attempting a difficult close. While the base may be small, it allows me to cover my costs which can't be said for previous outside sales companies that I've worked with in the past - 1099. Netpique is a private company and any impact from a strong sales month is felt immediately. I've received calls from corporate congratulating me on sales numbers. Also - because it's a smaller sales company - there is a lot of room for growth. I've seen people promoted rapidly in my 4 months.

Cons

To be fair, the commission structure from the previous program was not lucrative to say the least. The new commission structure is much more fair and - from what I've seen - from talking to other sales people higher levels are much easier to attain. The morning meeting topics can become redundant - Netpique needs to develop more topics and cover more product knowledge versus sales basics that most of us get at this point.

Have a plan in place to allow the top sales people to earn 100k. If you want to grow as a company you'll need to attract and retain high-level sales professionals.

There are newer employer reviews for Netpique