It's ok

Former Employee - Developer
Former Employee - Developer

Pros

God people, good company, good product. There is job security and if you aren't too ambitious you can stay here for a long time. Provide good training to new developers. Flexible with time off.

Cons

Outdated Technology. Senior developers have been with the company for many decades and are generally unaware of better ways to do things out there. While there is talk about making this a 'good place to work', for an IT company the culture is very boring and corporate. Some very poorly designed code, software while generally good is extremely buggy and unreadable making support a nightmare. Bad location in the middle of Long island, I guess its good if that's where you want to be but I'd prefer to be in NYC.

Advice to Management

Loosen up the culture a little, make it fun, have some social activities. Try to experiment with new technologies, provide training to developers, let them go to conferences. Make things more lively, don't just talk about having a better culture.

Other Employee Reviews for Netsmart

review headline

Current Employee - Dddvvvvv
    Current Employee - Dddvvvvv

Pros

People are treated fairly and like humans, Management does communicate what is occurring in organization. Benefits are good, medical,dental 401k that is matched.

Cons

Primary issue is salary. Management uses the location as a way of keeping salaries lower then they have to be. So from a management standpoint they are smart.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work.

2. Pretty Fun for an Intern

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern
    Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern

I worked at Netsmart as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was working with a great team and I loved a lot from my mentor both about coding and life in general. I learned what kind of career path was ahead of me and what I had to.

Cons

I felt like the intern project was not really that worth it. I thought I did more meaningful and interesting work with the actual development as opposed to working with the interns. There was just too much chaos without a project manager especially for interns.

Advice to Management

There isn't much aside from it would be cool if there were more programs in different parts of the country. Even though the main office is Kansas it would still be nice to have opportunities around the country.