Netspend
www.netspend.com Austin, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Great company that cares about its employees, but typical call-center environment.

Partner Services Representative (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Netspend full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent pay, great coworkers, free soft drinks, decent management (at least in my department) that does its best to care for its employees.

ConsIf you work at the call center, it's no different than any other call center: you will be cussed-out, not get much support with the management on duty, and it's a "just put up with it" mindset when it comes to verbal abuse by customers. It's not "them" (the verbally abusive customer) it's "you" for taking it personal.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that your employees work really hard to make the clients happy but can't always do so and follow regulations. In other words, be more understanding if an employee is a wee bit upset over getting yelled at instead of telling them "not to take it personal".

Exciting fast paced environment, great colleagues, never a dull moment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Netspend full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Passionate colleagues, fast paced dynamic environment that gave you an opportunity to stretch and learn. It… Cons: Compensation was below industry average. There was little time and effort spent on helping employees develop their careers. As job responsibilities for positions… Advice to Senior Management: Be careful to avoid emphasizing form over function. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

This company needs to install agile management methods and start delighting customers.

Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Netspend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Purchased by a bigger company, TSYS, so there's potential for… Cons: Lack of diversity in upper management, both in style and philosophy. Although a generally positive workplace, you still need… Advice to Senior Management: We hear lip-service to being "customer-centric", but we don't really believe in the concept of delighting customers. Too… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netspend.

Worked for Netspend? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netspend reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netspend CEO Daniel R Henry. All reviews posted anonymously by Netspend employees.