Network Health

www.network-health.org
There are newer employer reviews for Network Health

Benefits are acceptable, work life is good and flexible, management is poor

Former Employee - Programmer in Medford, MA
Former Employee - Programmer in Medford, MA

I worked at Network Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work environment is very nice. The salaries are a little under the average. The benefits are good but I think that they could do better. The matching for the retirement is only 2%. It should be 3% at the minimum. The company also charges some money for the parking. Other companies absorb the entire cost. The IRS has increased this amount to $245.00 allowance and the company don't do it.

Cons

I worked in the IT department and I think that the culture of the company is in the understanding that a programmer should be a business analyst, a systems analyst, a programmer, a leader, a tester and everything. That would have worked in the past when the company was small and the programming was not so complex. However the business needs and products offered by the company also grew a great deal in 3 years and HR and the company in general are in the understanding that with a small programmer pool in IT they could do the same as other bigger insurance companies do. I also could see that many young persons were hired as managers and directors in the business configuration and member enrollment teams without any experience. The situation was painful to employees under their supervision. Those teams also dont provide any help to the IT department and are very demanding in their needs.

In general there isn't a sense of respect to the employees in providing a reviewed annual evaluation by senior management or HR. A manager could just be mad one day and write a one unrespectful comment in the annual evaluation. I think there should be a review a small review every 6 months and annual evaluations and salary increases should be reviewed by more people than just the manager before being delivered to the employees. Also the directors should also communicate more ofter with their teams as Christina does with the assembly meetings,

18 Other Employee Reviews for Network Health (View Most Recent)

Values-driven and progressive...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the company's core values states that their employees are their "greatest asset." From their very aggressive internal job posting policy to their benefits package they really seem to take this statement seriously. There is quite a bit of opportunity for professional growth and the mission of the company is very admirable.

Cons

Some policies and procedures are hold-overs from when the company was smaller. This seems to be something of a case of "growing pains" since the company has grown substantially over the last few years. It seems as though leadership is working to correct these issues so I am sure things will get better in time.

Continue to remember that the way things were done yesterday may no longer work today or tomorrow.

Disappointing work experience

Current Employee - Manager in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are some good, honest, hardworking people who truly believe in the mission of this place and help those who need the most.

Cons

My particular experience involved a very abusive manager who felt that it was her given right to humiliate and degrade you in front of your teammates. Her style was to micromanage everything in a cookie-cutter setting. It wasn't about developing the individual but to build a uniform machine where everyone worked the same way as she did. The company sells you on "employees being their greatest asset" and that they believe in work/life balance. However, once you are in, HR will tell you flat out that you "have no business going home at 5pm." Overall, I found it to be a hostile work environment and very dishonest.

Truly recognize that your employees ARE your greatest assets and do something about it.

There are newer employer reviews for Network Health