There are newer employer reviews for Network Health

Lots of growth and opportunity

Current Employee - Manager  in  Medford, MA
Current Employee - Manager in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture and people are great. There is a cooperative spirit that I have rarely seen at other organizations. The benefits are at least good, though at time of writing the salaries seem to lack by comparison to for-profit organizations.
There is considerable effort given to shuffle people around internally to take advantage of new opportunities for internal promotion or growth rather than lose experienced individuals.

Cons

It is often hard to figure out what the number 1 priority is -- company growth vs company stability vs auditing or compliance requirements.
Top-down communications between sr leadership to those below director seems to be sparse.
Project portfolio every year is huge. It's often hard to complete 100% of a project since we quickly start new ones or they drag on for longer than anticipated.

It's easy to believe that because you are very familiar with the strategy, direction or any change that is coming that people further down the reporting chain are as well, but this is not the case. I'd rather see more communication down than less and this we could all use a little more.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Network Health (View Most Recent)

Benefits are acceptable, work life is good and flexible, management is poor

Former Employee - Programmer  in  Medford, MA
    Former Employee - Programmer in Medford, MA

I worked at Network Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work environment is very nice. The salaries are a little under the average. The benefits are good but I think that they could do better. The matching for the retirement is only 2%. It should be 3% at the minimum. The company also charges some money for the parking. Other companies absorb the entire cost. The IRS has increased this amount to $245.00 allowance and the company don't do it.

Cons

I worked in the IT department and I think that the culture of the company is in the understanding that a programmer should be a business analyst, a systems analyst, a programmer, a leader, a tester and everything. That would have worked in the past when the company was small and the programming was not so complex. However the business needs and products offered by the company also grew a great deal in 3 years and HR and the company in general are in the understanding that with a small programmer pool in IT they could do the same as other bigger insurance companies do. I also could see that many young persons were hired as managers and directors in the business configuration and member enrollment teams without any experience. The situation was painful to employees under their supervision. Those teams also dont provide any help to the IT department and are very demanding in their needs.

In general there isn't a sense of respect to the employees in providing a reviewed annual evaluation by senior management or HR. A manager could just be mad one day and write a one unrespectful comment in the annual evaluation. I think there should be a review a small review every 6 months and annual evaluations and salary increases should be reviewed by more people than just the manager before being delivered to the employees. Also the directors should also communicate more ofter with their teams as Christina does with the assembly meetings,

Values-driven and progressive...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the company's core values states that their employees are their "greatest asset." From their very aggressive internal job posting policy to their benefits package they really seem to take this statement seriously. There is quite a bit of opportunity for professional growth and the mission of the company is very admirable.

Cons

Some policies and procedures are hold-overs from when the company was smaller. This seems to be something of a case of "growing pains" since the company has grown substantially over the last few years. It seems as though leadership is working to correct these issues so I am sure things will get better in time.

Continue to remember that the way things were done yesterday may no longer work today or tomorrow.

There are newer employer reviews for Network Health

Worked for Network Health? Contribute to the Community!